Sunday, January 15, 2012

Our First Snow


Source: tumblr.com via Chris on Pinterest


I know some of you would not get excited about snow. But today, here in the willamette valley we are having the first snow of the season. It's Sunday and no one has to go anywhere. Fortunately, the roads are clear, but I like to have a nice cup of coffee and watch it fall. We are a bit higher than those in the city who are near sea level so Salem may not have as much. Where I am the snow is starting to hang heavy on the trees, dropping the branches. Our gravel road to the house is covered with snow.

No longer having to go to school, I still am a bit sorry for the kids who will probably not get a snow day. The snow is supposed to change to rain by Tuesday and of course tomorrow is a holiday. I will still keep my fingers crossed for those who are hoping for a snow day. I know I would be sorely disappointed if this did not turn into another day off from teaching.

I am promoting Safari Moon the only contemporary romance that has been published. I'm writing as Ann Christine. Beginning in March Safari Moon will be on tour with goddessfish and I'm hoping all will stop in, leave a comment. There are lots of gifts to be given to a random commenter.

Now to watch the snow.

No comments: