Wednesday, March 07, 2012

What If Wednesday: The Old West

At last a free Wednesday. So...




What if you could travel back in time to the old west, say the 1800's. Where would you choose to live and what would you choose as a career? There are so many possibilities that it is mind boggling. If you were a woman, of course, there were few possibilities. In my novels I like my female characters to end up in a man's career.

In my Lakota/Pinkerton series, Forever Hiss the 5th book, I have a female pinkerton agent, Etta Barringer.

In the 4th book in this series, The Talisman, Moriah McKeown is a Doctor.

The third book in the series, The Locket, my heroine owned a boarding house, not really a man's career but she worked hard to support herself. 

If you chose somewhere to live where would it be? I think I would live in San Francisco. This city, as it is now, was exciting. There was so much happening and much of the heritage remains with us. I love the main city and exploring the streets. I bought a book that will take you on a walking tour of the historical district in the town. Of course I love this city and I think if I could pick a different city to live in at the present, I might pick San Francisco. I would probably remain a writer. Dreaming up new tales to tell seems to make me happy. And I would definitely want to be happy.

Where would you live and what would you do?



Contest
Leave a comment and enter to win one of the giveaways below.




Prizes:

$10.00 Starbucks e-GC
copy of my novella Star Crossed
copy of my novella The Gift
$5.00 Rogue Phoenix Press Gift Card

Happy St.Patrick's Day





No comments: