Friday, November 30, 2012

Aric Lakeland Is The Guy Today


Yup! It's Guy Day Friday. I'm celebrating the release of A Marriage of Inconvenience today. This is the third book in the 12 Dancing Princesses series. Allura is the first book. $0.99. The Wager is the second book and now A Marriage of Inconvenience.


EXCERPT:

"You didn’t understand," Ravyn said instantly, tightening her arms around Aric’s neck. "Your touch doesn’t repulse me. You were my savior when my world was filled with demons. I never thought I would hurt you so much. But then you started hating me and there was nothing left but the storms raging inside me. They began to devour my soul."

"When I stopped you a few minutes ago, where were you going?" he asked curiously.

"To the storm."

Aric tried to speak. He couldn’t. Words failed him. He was terrified she would stop fighting and leave him forever. Then in a whispered rush, he repeated her name as tears of his own fell.

More than anything, Aric wanted to tell her how much he regretted what he’d done to her, the punishment he inflicted on her because of his selfishness. Yet all he could think of was how he’d never asked her how she felt, and if he’d just taken the time to understand why, he might never have punished her for something that was so beyond her control. For something that happened to her when she was only a child.

She had put her trust in him, and he had driven her to the very thing that terrified her most.

"Oh God, Ravyn, I’m so sorry," Aric whispered. "If I had known, I never would have said or done the things I did. I never would have pushed you so hard. Will you forgive me?"

Ravyn nodded, her face pressed tightly against Aric’s chest.

He made an odd sound. "I don’t know how you can. I find I can’t forgive myself."

Silently, Aric held Ravyn until at last he felt the fierce tension begin to fade from her slender form. "It’s not your fault, Ravyn." God, she was so fragile and so vulnerable. Whenever a gust of wind shook the house, she flinched, but she didn’t tremble. "There is nothing to forgive." Eventually, she let out a long, broken sigh and kissed the curve of Aric’s neck where her face had been tucked. The skin was warm and damp from her tears.

"My tears are all over you."

"From now on, I will understand your tears."

BLURB:

A REGAL BEAUTY

When the duchess decides to wed her to a wastrel and a fop, Ravyn Grahm takes matters into her own hands and declares her engagement to another man. Instead of fessing up and telling her great aunt what she has done, she goes through with the pretense. Aric Lakeland is the bastard son of an earl and has a dangerous reputation. But Ravyn is willing to do most anything to keep the duchess from discovering the lie.

A DEVIL-MAY-CARE SMUGGLER

He'd bought land in America, looking to put down roots and end his life of adventure, but Aric Lakeland got more than he bargained for when he encountered a beautiful heiress who made a promise she didn't want to keep. But the promise could not be undone and standing between them were more obstacles than either ever dreamed. Aric had made plans to spend the rest of his life in America and that was at odds with Ravyn's plan of living in England and running her father's estate. Now, he'll have to choose between his dreams and the woman he loves more than life.







No comments: