Thursday, January 31, 2013

Christine Presents Love Beyond The Curve

Please welcome Kate Patrick author of Love Beyond the Curve.

Kate will be awarding a $5.00 Starbucks Gift Card to a randomly drawn commenter at the end of each week of the tour; and a $25 Visa Gift Card to one randomly drawn commenter at the end of the tour as well as a $20 Amazon Gift Card to a randomly drawn host.







Love Beyond the Curve
by Kate Patrick

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BLURB:

Charlotte is shocked to find her new landlord, Reed Jackson, is tall, dark, and gorgeous.  The two become fast friends, enjoying times spent together, more than times apart. Charlotte can’t believe that Reed finds her curvaceous figure incredibly sexy.  Can Reed convince her he wants to be more than just “friends with benefits”? 

Will Charlotte and Reed find… Love Beyond the Curve?






EXCLUSIVE EXCERPT:



“Reed, I’m going to lift you up enough to give you some more pain medication.  It will help you stay more comfortable.  I don’t want you to go too long without it.  We need to keep it coming until the worst is over.  I’m going to ease you up and give you the pill now.” She leaned over him and slipped her arm underneath to lift him up.  As she did, her breasts were right over his face. 
“I’ve thought about this more than once you know, but I wasn’t incapacitated at the time.  God, you smell good.  All clean and soapy.”   Reed easily confessed his thoughts while still under the influence of strong painkillers.
Charlotte laughed her warm, throaty laugh, and held the glass for him to drink water with the pill.   “You smell good yourself, Jackson.  I gave you a bath before I tucked you in.”
“Sorry I missed it.  You didn’t take advantage of me, did you?  I wouldn’t have minded, Charlotte.” He grabbed her wrist as she eased him back onto the pillows.
“No, Jackson, I didn’t take advantage of you.  In fact, Tyler and Joe were watching me the whole time, just to be sure I behaved myself.” She laughed again as she took his wrist in her hand to check his pulse rate. 
“That sounds kind of kinky, Hamilton.  I would never have figured you for the dangerous type.” He groggily flirted with her as she put a thermometer in his ear to check his temperature.
“You’d be surprised about a lot of things I’m into, Jackson.  Now stop your fantasizing and go back to sleep.”





AUTHOR Bio and Links:

Kate Patrick grew up in the South. She can’t recall a time in her life when she didn’t love to read. She remembers going to the library as a child where she devoured biographies and Nancy Drew mysteries. Her love of reading has continued into adulthood, but it is hot romance that she loves to write! While in high school and college, she and her sister began to write romantic stories about girls that met their dream guys who fell instantly in love with them. Even these early manuscripts were spicy enough that the need to “hide” these notebooks was a high priority when leaving the house!

Writing took a backseat to a teaching career, marriage, and motherhood, though books were constant companions. Love stories became a favorite, and began to take the place of mysteries more and more. About three years ago, the idea of writing was rekindled. Now, you can find her late at night typing away by the blue glow of her laptop screen.

She and her husband live on the Gulf Coast with their son and three quirky Pomeranians. When not writing or reading, Kate loves to sing, dance, and watch romantic movies, side-splitting comedies, and crime dramas. Spending time connecting with family and friends is an important priority for her as well.

Website/Blog:  http://katepatrick.wordpress.com/

Facebook:  @Kate Patrick

Twitter:  @katepatrick1

Available at Publisher’s Site:    http://www.bookstrand.com/kate-patrick

Available in January at:  www.amazon.com  and  www.barnesandnoble.com

7 comments:

Goddess Fish Promotions said...

Thank you for hosting today

MomJane said...

Loved this excerpt. 1214

Christine Young said...

Welcome to my blog. I hope you have a great tour.

Rita Wray said...

Great excerpt, thank you.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the title! It's heartening to read romance with a REAL heroine, one who isn't the media's definition of "physical perfection."

Nice job!

Kate Patrick said...

Thanks to Christine Young for hosting my tour today. I just got home from work, which is why you've heard zilch from me. I do so appreciate those of you that have made a point to stop by to read the next excerpt. I'm especially glad teet some new friends here as well! Thank you for your gracious comments. I love reader interaction! :) I hope everyone has a good evening.

Kate

bn100 said...

Nice excerpt.

bn100candg(at)hotmail(dot)com