Sunday, February 03, 2013

Christine Presents Rules To Write By



The continuing saga...


Cleaning house, cleaning up the work place and finding the time, it seems we all have issues. When my characters come to life, putting them on paper is sometimes easy but often difficult. Thinking about them does not create the words. So I have made up Chris’s rules to write by. These are things I need to do to get the work finished.

Rules to write by:

1.     Derrière in chair.
2.     Manuscript up, waiting for words of wisdom.
3.     Get rid of all and I mean all distractions.
4     If you’re a gamer, don’t forget to lose them too.
5.     Set a goal and stick by it. (unless there is a fire or some catastrophe)
6.   Workout after finishing designated writing assignment…ah the teacher in me.
7.    If  you research well… you can ask too many questions and receive more answers than you have time to use.
8. Find a time you can write your best. I'm a morning person. If it doesn't happen before noon, it most likely will not.
9.
      


What are your rules?

I struggled for some time to find the seconds, minutes and even hours to write. I find I am happiest when I’m creating stories and the characters are taking prevalent places in my head and on my computer. My rules of course are working for me. Writing more than I have since before my full time job in the school district. In present times I now have a record four pages in one day. Alas in my past I could write ten to twenty pages a date.

I am having so much fun with my McKenna Clan series. Catching Meara’s release date is March 10, 2013. The second book in this series is Sweet Sexy Sadie. It’s release date is August 20, 2013. Woo hoo…

And an FYI, I’m celebrating a new cover for Star Crossed. This is my novella, which is part of the Angels St. Patrick’s Day anthology. I am so happy to have this cover.








No comments: